Tuesday 29 September 2009

En-route to Bogota en Air France

Well, here I am revelling in Affaires classement en Air France! There’s no first class and I have only one previous Business Class flight to compare with, but this seems very very good. I am currently on the second leg of my day’s journey to Bogota, Colombia.

My big adventure started at 4am this morning, not such a good time to start an adventure but at least the taxi turned up on time-actually, 2 taxis, one to take me to Heathrow and one to take Ruud to Gatwick, surely Air France could have designed their schedule better so that we could have both flown from Gatwick! I had to fly to Paris to pick up the flight to Bogota and the Gatwick flight did not get me there in time. The flight from London was pretty non-descript although I got to use the Air France lounge where the coffee was nice but the croissants were cold-see how high my expections are already! The breakfast on the plane was awful, hard bread and Nescafe-my coffee-snobness hatred of instant coffee is well known!

The London flight was half an hour late and a huge queue for security at Charles de Gaulle meant that there was no time to experience the lounge there so I shall have to save that experience for the return journey!

I have a huge seat which goes up and down and backwards and forwards and even has a wibbly massage bit. It makes almost a bed so I have already had a half an hour nap but I found myself rather too excited to sleep. It has build in Sennheiser headphones and a reading light and you get a little baggie with toothpaste, comb and special ear covers for the headphones! I have my own little area courtesy of seatguru.com telling me this was a good seat-it certainly is. I also have my own personal pop up TV on which I can choose what a want-I’ve already started on Angels and Demons. The seat even has a power plug so I can use my laptop all the way, glad I remembered to put an adaptor plug in my hand luggage as Boeing don’t stretch to a UK plug!!

It’s around midday French time so they’re serving lunch-a little early for my tummy but it is very good, a little tablecloth on your very big pop-out table and proper china and full size cutlery. Salmon starter, followed by fish, followed by pudding and cheese and biscuits. Nice salmon, very overcooked white fish and nice pud! The bloke next to me is already on his second glass of red wine but it still being mid-morning UK time and very early Bogota time I’m managing to resist the lure of alcohol!

Am finishing this off now as just landing at Bogota...amazing, flying in over a plateau with mountains either side, I don't know what I expected it to look like but it wasn't this!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the rest of the adventure. Looking forward to keeping up with your news as it unfolds. Have fun (as if you wouldn't). Foggy. XXX

    ReplyDelete